§ 7.01. Standing committees.
- The standing committees are budget, program, flag design, membership, and publications.
§ 7.02. Special committees.
- (a) The awards and honors committee is a special committee of the association.
- (b) The president, with the approval of the executive board, may create other special committees when needed.
§ 7.03. Members.
- The president, with the approval of the executive board, shall appoint a minimum of a chair and two members for each committee.
§ 7.04. Quorum.
- A majority of the members of a committee shall constitute a quorum.
§ 7.05. Reports.
- (a) The chair of each committee shall submit an annual written report of the activities of the committee to the executive board by forwarding the report to the recording secretary no later than thirty days before the annual meeting.
- (b) The chair of each committee shall submit such other reports as are required by the executive board.
§ 7.06. Committee budgets.
- All committees shall submit to the budget committee a proposed committee budget for the coming fiscal year no later than ninety days before the annual meeting.
§ 7.07. Budget committee.
- (a) The budget committee shall prepare a proposed annual budget with the assistance of the treasurer.
- (b) The budget committee shall submit the proposed annual budget to the executive board no later than sixty days before the annual meeting for the executive board’s review.
§ 7.08. Program committee.
- (a) The program committee shall plan and conduct the annual meeting.
- (b) The program committee shall:
- (1) make all local site arrangements;
- (2) publicize the annual meeting;
- (3) establish registration fees with the approval of the executive board;
- (4) issue a call for papers
- (5) submit all expenses to the treasurer for payment; and
- (6) assist the treasurer in preparing a financial statement to be submitted to the executive board no later than sixty days following the annual meeting.
§7.09 Flag design committee.
- (a) The flag design committee shall promote vexillography, which is the study and practice of good flag design.
- (b) The flag design committee shall:
- (1) propose to the executive board standards of good flag design, guidelines for the flag design process, and a code of ethics for consulting vexillographers;
- (2) promote those standards adopted by the executive board;
- (3) maintain a list of knowledgeable vexillographers who agree to abide by those standards in consulting with persons needing vexillographic advice;
- (4) publicize the existence of the committee’s list of knowledgeable vexillographers and provide referrals in response to inquiries in accordance with Subsection (c); and
- (5) compile and maintain a library of technical information relating to flag design and the flag design process, including information relating to case studies, recommendations, and lessons-learned, and make this information available to consulting vexillographers.
- (c) The flag design committee shall not directly consult with a person needing vexillographic advice, but may refer inquiries to a knowledgeable vexillographer or provide the committee’s list of knowledgeable vexillographers on such terms as are determined by the executive board. Other than providing referrals or a copy of the committee’s list, neither the association nor the flag design committee shall be a party to any agreement between a vexillographer on the committee’s list and a person needing vexillographic advice.
§ 7.10. Membership committee.
- The membership committee shall recruit and retain association members.
§ 7.11. Publications committee.
- The publications committee shall supervise the association’s electronic and paper publications.
§ 7.12. Awards and honors committee.
- The awards and honors committee consists of five members appointed by the president with the approval of the executive board from the following categories:
- (1) Two members must be Whitney Smith Fellows;
- (2) One member must be a recipient of the Driver Award disqualified under Section 2.05(b) from receiving the Driver Award during the time the person serves on the committee;
- (3) One member must be a recipient of the Harrington Award disqualified under Section 2.05(b) from receiving the Harrington Award during the time the person serves on the committee; and
- (4) One member must be either a recipient of the Purcell or Braverman Awards.
Adopted: 8 Nov 1967
Amended: 6 Sept 1969; 11 Oct 1970; 12 Oct 1975; 10 Oct 1976; 16 Oct 1983; 6 Oct 1984; 12 Oct 1991; 10 Oct 1992; 9 Oct 1993; 7 Oct 1995; 12 Oct 1996; 11 Oct 1997; 10 Oct 1998; 31 Aug 2002; 11 Oct 2003; 1 July 2004; 10 Oct 2004; 4 Aug 2011; 13 Oct 2013