ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
UNDER THE GENERAL NOT FOR PROFIT CORPORATION ACT
(Incorporating All Amendments as of August 21, 2014)
- The name of the Corporation is: North American Vexillological Association, or in French, Association nord-américaine de vexillologie.
- The period of the corporation is: perpetual
- The address of its initial Registered Office in the State of Illinois is: [Address omitted.]
in the village of Lombard (60148) County of DuPage and the name of its initial Registered Agent at said address is: Robert S. Gauron
- The first Board of Directors shall be five in number, their names and addresses being as follows:
- /s/ Whitney Smith [Address omitted.]
- /s/ Pierre C. Lux-Wurm [Address omitted.]
- /s/ Gerhard P. Grahl [Address omitted.]
- /s/ Robert S. Gauron [Address omitted.]
- /s/ Thomas M. Hill, Jr. [Address omitted.]
- The purpose or purposes for which the corporation is organized are:
- To promote vexillology as the scientific study of flags, including, but not limited to, the bringing into closer cooperation any and all persons interested in any and all aspects of flags, such as their history, significance, specification, use, and manufacturing; the furthering of a strong and growing interest in flags as a serious study or an avocation; promotion of research into the origins, history, and symbolism of flags; publications on flags and vexillology; formulation of standards for flag terminology, methodology, and data recording; cooperation with other vexillological associations, agencies, and research centers, and foundations of whatever type; and representation of vexillologists of North America on an international level.
- This corporation shall discharge only those functions which are construed as charitable, scientific, and/or educational under Section 501 (c) (3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
- Upon the dissolution of the corporation all assets, after payment in full of the liabilities of the corporation, shall be distributed to an organization or organizations which shall at that time qualify as an exempt organization or organizations under Section 501 (c) (3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code of 1954 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law.
/s/ Whitney Smith; Robert S. Gauron; Emmet V. Mittlebeeler } Incorporators
Filed of record March 19, 1968. [Words of adoption, signatures, acknowledgements and file-stamp notations omitted.]